Installing our device drivers is simple and easy for both Windows® and Mac® users. PLEASE ensure you do not have the device plugged in before installing the device driver software. The device should be connected AFTER installing the device driver.
- Select the Windows® driver button for your device from the “Downloads and Drivers” section of our website: https://en.j5create.com/pages/drivers
- Right-click on the Windows® Start button, select File Explorer then select Downloads.
- Locate and right-click on the file, "j5create-...exe", and select "Run as administrator."
- Follow the installation process to completion, i.e. select "Next."
- Select "Finish" to complete the installation and restart your computer.
- Finally, after the computer has been fully rebooted, plug the display adapter into a USB™ port directly on the computer, then connect the video cable into the video OUT port on the j5create adapter and into the video IN port on the display. Power on the display and ensure that the display is on the correct input mode, i.e. on VGA, HDMI™, DVI. From here, on the connected display, you should see the desktop background and the display should now be ready to use.
- Select the Mac® driver button for your device from the “Downloads and Drivers” section of our website: https://en.j5create.com/pages/drivers
- Open Finder, then select Downloads.
- Locate and double-click the file labeled as: "j5..."
- From the installer window, double-click the option "v2.18.1...” from along the left-pane
- Proceed through the installation process to completion, i.e. select "Continue," "Install" and enter your password when prompted.
- Select "Restart" to complete the installation and restart the computer.
Immediately after installing the device driver, please do the following:
- Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General, to determine if the kernel extension for our driver was blocked.
- If the driver has been blocked, you may see multiple messages stating “System software from developer "Magic Control Technology Corp," "WEI LU SU" and/or "Philip Jordan" was blocked from loading" and the option to select "Allow".
- If so, you will need to select "Allow" to enable our drivers.
- Click the Apple® Menu icon, select Shut Down.
- Press the power button to power the computer back on.
After checking to ensure the device driver is not blocked and the Mac® has been restarted, plug in your device and test to ensure you are getting full functionality from your device.